Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why are masuline cards so difficult!


Masculine cards... I find them so difficult.... I love ribbon, and include it on almost every card I make.  But it just doesn't seem to fit on masculine cards, which is one of the reasons I find them so difficult.  They just never quite look finished without that ribbon.  But now I have discovered bakers twine! This wonderful stuff  fits quite well with a masculine theme.  When I add a bit of twine I feel like the card is actually finished off, so all is well in my little stamping world:) 

I am always in need of some masculine birthday cards this time of the year as 2 of my 3 brothers have birthdays in the beginning of march. So this year, I decided it was time to pull out my Ippity Authentic man set.... I just love the car in this set!  I also just got Graphic 45 Proper Gentlemen paper, and was itching to use it.  I think it worked quite well with this image. Hope my big brother likes it to... but no peaking till you get it in the mail!
Supplies:
Stamps - Ippity Authentic Man (available on my sales blog here)
Ink - Pallete Noir and Burnt Umber
Paper - Graphic 45 Proper Gentleman
Other - bakers twine, crystal effects (on the windshield and headlights), copic markers, nesties

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Stamping!
 

Joan Signature

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great manly card. You are right twine is perfect for a masculine card. Love your image here.